Friday 11 November 2011

NOTD November 11th: Shu Uemura - Coquettish Brown

Hey there!
Today I want to show you something exciting: my very first Shu Uemura product, a nail polish! It's my very first high-end product I believe, and I love it! My best friend got me this one from her trip to Paris, thank you Lu! You're such a sweetheart :)
Now, onto the polish. It's called Coquettish Brown, and is a pretty unique color. In the shade it looks like a silvery gray metallic shade, but when you look at  it in the sunlight, it looks bronzy and lilac-ish! In the sunlight the shimmer also is way more visible, because it's not a basic metallic/foil kinda thing, it has a very fine pearly shimmer, too! I don't have anything like it :)
The formula was great, it took 2 thin coats, and then it was flawless. The brush is really thin, but easy to work with. It reminds me a bit of the Essie brush.
The bottle shape of Shu Uemura polishes is also really fun, nothing I'm used to :D Like I said, my very first Shu Uemura polish!
It's so pretty for fall, I love it! Now, if I would have payed 22 Euros for it? Probably not. But I'm glad I own it and I will love to wear it again :)
Do you own any Shu Uemura polishes?
See you later!
xoxo, Misch

6 comments:

  1. The colour is simply stunning.
    I don't own any high-end polishes myself. I think there are a lot of more reasonably priced options out there. I don't mind waiting a bit for dupes.

    How big are the bottles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous color! I didn't even know Shu Uemura had nail polishes!

    http://confessionsofabeauty-holic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. @marox: thanks :)
    Yes, that's how I think of it most of the time, too.
    It contains 10 ml, which actually isn't that much!

    @habbott: thanks :) I didn't, either, in the beginning ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, not big at all (for that price).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! The colour and the name are cool, but 22 € is too much! I want to buy the lash curler of this brand, I didn't know it is available in stores in Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @marox: right!

    @Salander: i think so, too. Apparently it is :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.