Monday 24 October 2011

Book Review: The Hunger Games - Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Hi guys!
Today I have the review for the second book of The Hunger Games series. I reviewed to first one here *click*.
Now, since you can read the main plot in my first review, I'm gonna start with the actual book right away. I can't promise this review will be without spoilers, sorry!
At first I had no idea how this book was supposed to work, because Katniss has already been to the arena. But it was way different from what I expected anyway. It's kinda hard to explain to a person who didn't read it, but I'll try my best ;)
The book starts with Katniss and Peeta having to do a victory tour through all of the other districts. But they find out that there are rebellions happening in certain districts, and that Katniss is kind of a symbol for the rebels.
And then there's something being announced: Because it's the 75th year of The Hunger Games, one of the so-called Quarter Quells (every 25 years), the tributs of this year have to be people who have already won once. And that means that Peeta and Katniss have to go back into the arena.
I left out quite a few things, but I want to make the main story short for you. NOw, this whole book felt a bit like rushing to me in some parts. All of the new, detailed things of Book 1 can't be done that detailed anymore, because they were already mentioned. So sometimes it was a bit quick in my opinion.
But then I also liked a lot of things, for example the thing with District 13, which I guess will be the basis for Book 3. I also liked the whole thing with "friends" in the arena, and that it was also way less cruel, at least it seemed to me like that. Of course a main part did play in the arena, but it wasn't as bad as in the first book, and definitely very different.
The whole love story still didn't make sense to me, I'm still not sure whether Katniss really has feelings for Peeta or not. But that's okay ;)
I also liked the end a lot, because I really thought that there would be one winner, and the rest would die. But luckily it came different!
And I just can't wait to read the final book, yay :) Expect another review in a few days ;)
After all, I liked it a lot, but I think I liked the first one better. I don't know why, but I just feel like that ;)
Did anyone of you read this?
I'll see you soon!
xoxo, Misch

2 comments:

  1. I still think it is not my type of book...You have to read the one I posted yesterday, you will love it!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Salander: well, luckily not everybody likes the same things ;)
    I read your review, and it sounds so great! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.