Thursday 8 September 2011

Blogging-Techniques: Swatching Session

Hey there!
So this episode of Blogging-Techniques will be about Swatching Sessions and what you need for it. When I get new products, or want to make a series, I always sit down, swatch my stuff and photograph it. There are a few things to keep in mind when you do that, and I wanted to share them with you.

  • Make sure that the product you're swatching has already been photographed before. If you swatch it, it might destroy the optic, and for the sake of your blog you want to have the pictured before. What I learned during my blogging time: first photograph it, then touch it!
  • Get everything ready: the product(s) you're swatching, your camera, stuff to remove it, etc.
  • Setting: what about the background?! And do you get the chance to photograph everything in daylight, maybe even sun and shade? (more advice for pictures: *click*)
  • Clean hands: don't get your swatch mixed with anything that could affect it, also not if you're doing more swatches in a row!
  • Time: especially if you want to swatch more than one product, you should have enough time to do them all properly
  • Pigmentation: if it is barely visible at the first swatch, you might wanna use a base or more coats. But don't forget to mention that in your post!
  • Variety: rather photograph it a few times too often than not enough! Also at different angles.
I think that these are the most important things concerning swatches. When I sit down to swatch, I'm really careful with everything, because swatches can be used all the time. And if you once have a good swatch picture, you'll never have to re-do it. 
When I swatch, I do a lot of swatches, like my whole eyeshadow collection or with my 120 palette, I did 60 swatches on one day! That's why I always have remover wipes and tissues in handy.
Do you do swatching sessions? Or do you keep some rules?
I'll talk to you guys soon!
xoxo, Misch

3 comments:

  1. Great! Yes, I do swatching sessions and I made some mistakes at the beginning.
    For example it is very important to clean the hand between one swatch and another one, if not you can see some glitter in a matte product, crazy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Salander: yes, that happened to me in the beginning, too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a wealth of information on your website…Thanks a lot, would like to inquire if I could link back to your site from my website (Which is being launched) www.tbbos.com which discusses Ways to make money online, How to start online business and has a Directory of online business. Tbbos also offers free ads for members. If you are interested, please mail me on admin@tbbos.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.